Have you ever wondered what to do with all the veggies that you seem to find in the “leftover” category in your fridge on those tedious clean-out days? What should we do with one lonesome Zucchini, green pepper, and some mushrooms you found in your vegetable basket? Here is your solution, just make these delicious ready-in-minutes veggie leftover Quesadillas. Cook the veggies along with a can of beans and some spices and your favorite sauces. Stuff it in Tortillas, top up with Cheese, and just roast on a pan. A super nutritious meal cannot be this easy!
Leftover Veggie Quesadilla
Bean & Veggie Mixture
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Red Onion Chopped
- ¾ cup Red or Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 ½ cups Broccoli Chopped
- 1 Black Beans Can (500 ml)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp Roasted Garlic Pepper
- 2 tbsp Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 8 Tortilla 7 Inches
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Baby Spinach (Optional)
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Add 4-5 crushed or minced big Garlic cloves and cook for 1 Minute. We still want the raw smell…trust me it will taste amazing!
- Season the mixture with Salt & pepper to taste. Add 1 Tbsp Roasted garlic & pepper seasoning followed by 2 Tbsp of Honey garlic sauce and 2 tbsp of Chili garlic sauce. Mix everything together and cook for another 2 minutes. The filling is ready. Take the pot off the heat and taste the mixture and add more seasoning and sauces according to your preferred taste. See the Tips section for more.
- On medium heat, roast the tortilla on one side for 1-2 Minutes before loading it with the veggie mixture. Top up with the cheese and spinach (optional). Cheese helps in binding the Quesadilla.
- Cut with a pizza cutter in 4 parts for serving and easy eating. You can eat it as is or with some Guacamole or Salsa or Sour cream.
- Keep it Vegan: Substitute the dairy cheese with vegan cheese and Honey garlic sauce with a similar vegan sauce. See a recipe here: Click
- Make it Crispy: Roast 7 inch Tortilla flatbread on a skillet for 1-2 Minutes on both sides on medium-low heat. Crispy outside make sure that filling do not spill out when you flip the tortilla and it is also easier to cut and server later.
- Clean out your fridge: Make this recipe as a fridge-clean out meal. It will taste equally good with all the veggies that are not very watery. I have cooked them with zucchini, carrots, mushrooms. My goto veggie for this recipe is always broccoli as it pairs so well with the black beans and cheese. Give it a try, you will love it!