Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Sandwich
Gourmet Tomato Basil Mozzarella grilled sandwich with pesto sauce & a spicy twist. Make this Sandwich under 30 minutes and enjoy it as a meal or just as an appetizer. This is my favorite sandwich that is just so delicious!! Gather a few ingredients and make this amazing recipe that you cannot make just once.Make it for a romantic brunch or when you have lots of family at your place. Make a big batch of this quick yummy sauce and just assemble the sandwiches when everyone is ready to eat. Using the oven to roast this sandwich makes it easy to make several sandwiches in one go. Broil them for 2-3 minutes depending on your oven settings to get the fire-roasted smoky flavor. Alternatively, just pan roast or make in a sandwich maker, nothing can stop the cheesy tomatoey flavor to come through.Tip: Don't skip the sundried Tomato oil, it adds so much to the taste
- ½ tbsp Sun dried Tomato Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Ciabatta Bread
- 1 tsp Pesto Sauce
- 1 tsp Chill Garlic Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Get the ingredients ready. Heat the pan over medium heat. Pour the oil followed by tomatoes.
- Toss the tomatoes in the oil for 3 minutes. When tomatoes are a little soft, add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Mash the cherry tomatoes into the pan with the spatula – keep it chunky. Throw in few basil leaves and cook until the sauce is thick, about 5 Minutes.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and assemble the sandwich. Spread pesto and chili sauce on the bread. Add a generous layer of tomato sauce. Top up with Mozzarella cheese & Basil leaves. Season if required.
- Bake for 5 Minutes and Broil for 1 or 2 minutes for that crispy roast.