This recipe makes perfect use of over-ripe bananas that must be sitting on your counter these days. This one-bowl banana bread recipe is so simple and easy to make. Just mix all dry & wet ingredients separately and fold them together. This bread is not loaded with Cinnamon… I am not sure how many Indians will agree with me on this but Cinnamon belongs in savory dishes 😛You can double the quantity of Cinnamon if you prefer for sure. Another unique ingredient is Instant oats that make the bread chewy and give a crunchy texture. Pecans and chocolate chunks give the bite perfect crunch.Enjoy fluffy banana bread that just melts in your mouth.
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Instant Oats
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Chocolate chips/chunks
- ¼ cup Chopped Pecan
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and butter a 9×5 Inch Loaf pan and line with baking sheet.
Cook the Potato Stuffing
- Mix all wet and dry ingredients separately. Just use a whisk to mix everything gently until combined.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet in batches. Do not over mix. Fold in Chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Pour in a prepared baking dish and top off with the chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool it on the counter for 10 minutes. Cut in chunky slices and enjoy!
- Add any kind of nut you want or skip altogether on chocolate and nuts. It's your choice!
Enjoy this bread with delicious and easy cold coffee!