Imli ki Chutney
Ultimate Imli ki Chutney for your chatpata foods… we never go out of this chutney ever!I eat this chutney with samosas, chaat, dabeli, veg sandwiches, aloo fry… and use it in countless other yummy recipes as a sweet sauce. You can make this in under 10 minutes(minus the soak time) and it keeps fresh in the fridge for over 3 months.
- 250 g Imli/Tamarind
- 2 cup Boiling water
Imli Chutney Masala Ingredients
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 2 tbsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- Put all spices in a bowl to make the Imli chutney masala and soak 250gm Imli in 2 cups of boiling water for one hour.
- Mash the Imli to a pulp when the water is cooler and strain the pulp out using a big strainer. You should end up with 2 cups of pulp.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and 2 cups sugar and mix. Melt the Sugar in Microwave for a minute and add in the spices and mix well.
- Chutney is ready! Store the chutney in an air-tight jar for 3 months in the fridge. Enjoy it on sandwiches, samosa chat, golgappa chat… possibilities are endless.