Veggie Paneer Lasagna
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp White Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- Black pepper add to taste
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Water as instructed on package
- Lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 cup Green & Red pepper
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Mushroom
- 1 cup Zucchine
- 3/4 tbsp Frozen veggies corn, peas, green beans & carrots mis
- 2 cups Spinach
- Salt & Pepper Add to taste
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Italian mix spice
- 1 tbsp Sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 cup Paneer shredded (200 gm) or Cottage cheese
- 1 cup Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey garlic sauce or ketchup
- Red chili flakes
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 cup Cheese mix
- Fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (optional)
First things First!
- Get all the Ingredients from your beautifully organized cabinets, or get them from bins like me 😛 Measure them out using Measuring cups or a Food Scale and set them aside, ready to go. Make this acticity a practice in Mindfulness.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Boil the pasta according to package instructions and keep aside. I apply generous amounts of olive oil to keep them from sticking to each other. The texture of the Pasta sheet is like soft rubber, and it's very slippery. Cover the Pasta sheets with a moist paper towel or a kitchen towel to keep the pasta from drying out and keep its lovely texture.
Make Bechamel Sauce
- Melt butter over medium heat in a pan, add the flour to the butter, stir until mixed – Cook for 1 minute by constantly stirring so that it cooks well. Add the milk and black pepper. Bring to a boil while whisking so that there are no lumps. The sauce is ready when it is thick, and the line drawn with a spatula stays. Remove from the heat when it looks like a creamy sauce. Don't be intimidated by this yummy sauce. You will get it right eventually! This sauce adds fullness to any dish that can
Cook veggies and prepare paneer
- Cook all veggies in olive oil. Start with adding garlic to the oil, cook for 1 minute, add onion, and cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding all veggies one by one. Mix well, add salt, and cover for 5 minutes for it to cook. Add spices and sun-dried oil and cook another 1-2 minutes. remove from heat when veggies are cooked through but not mushy. Use any veggies you like just make sure they are not as watery.
- Grate the Paneer and mix 1/3 in 1/3 bechamel sauce and blend in a mixer until creamy. Mix in the cooked veggies well, add rest of the Bechamel sauce as well and mix. Taste the veggie mix and add salt and pepper if required. You can use cottage cheese too but try paneer, it comes out so yummy!
Assemble the Lasagna
- Now line a 9×11 baking dish with 1/4 tomato oil, chili flakes, and honey garlic sauce. Layer with boiled pasta sheet, add veggie mix on top, followed by sundried tomatoes and fresh basil and cheese & panner, and repeat the layers. You can make in small size dish as well, just freeze the veggie mix for the sandwiches or make the lasagna again in 2-3 days 🙂
- Cover the dish and Bake in Preheated Oven at 425 F for 15 -18 minutes and then remove the sheet and bake another 15 minutes, Lasagna is ready when the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown. Take out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving, enjoy!