Delicious No eggs Easy Dessert!
Strawberry cobbler is a no-eggs fruit dessert that will impress anyone who loves strawberries and cakey desserts. This is my go-to dish if I have guests who are vegetarian but I really want to bake something instead of serving the same old frozen desserts or traditional Indian desserts.
And guess what? Preparations take literally 15 minutes and it bakes for about 50 minutes. Ideally, you can gather all ingredients and just mix them and bake this before you get ready to serve dinner, by the time you clear dishes this dessert will be ready to eat 😊 (Cool time is about 45-60 minutes). Can it get easier than this?
What will it taste like?
It has a Gooey fresh fruit jam-y center with a Golden brown crusty biscuit top. Each bite is a perfect balance of crunchy doughy biscuits and sweet strawberries. I like to serve this with vanilla bean ice cream which adds another creamy layer of flavor. Yum!
For the filling
- 3 cups Diced Strawberries
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp + 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
For the Biscuit Dough
- ½ cups + 3 Tbsp White or All Purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar for sprinkling
- 3-4 tbsp Heavy cream for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking tray to place the baking dish you will use to cook the Cobbler. Sometimes, strawberries are extra juicy so when they are cooking and bubbling the juices can drip out. The tray will catch that and will help in reducing the mess otherwise.
Make the Filling
- Wash and cut your strawberries, measure out all filling ingredients as listed above, and proceed to the next step.
- In a big bowl, add the diced strawberries, along with all the measured filling ingredients. Transfer to a medium-size baking dish, minimum 2-liter capacity.
Make the Biscuit Dough
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose or white flour, with sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Cut the cold butter into small size pieces and add to the flour. Mash the butter with a fork or your fingers until the flour mix is grainy with butter broken down to pea-size pieces. Add in the cream and make a soft sticky dough, don’t over mix!
Assemble the Dish & Bake!
- Spread the biscuit dough over the strawberry filling, dividing evenly into chunky pieces about 8 or 9 to cover the whole filling.
- Brush the biscuit dough with cream and sprinkle with sugar generously for the golden crusty top.
- Bake for 5 minutes or more or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbling in the center. Cool on the countertop for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve warm with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.